At the Dubbo Community Church, we affirm that the Bible clearly teaches the following doctrines: –
1. That the one true God that has existed eternally, has made known to us through His revelation, that within the mystery of His unity there are three distinct persons, revealed to us as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. That Jesus Christ is God the Son, so that during his life on earth He was the visible expression of the invisible God; that He was nevertheless truly a human being and shared fully in all our experience of temptation, except that He never sinned; that through His death by crucifixion He made atonement for our sins and for those of the rest of the world as well; that He was resurrected to life in his body three days after He was crucified; that He ascended bodily into the presence of God the Father forty days after His resurrection; that He is now the only Mediator between God and man and is able to fully and completely save those who approach God through Him, for He is always living to intercede on their behalf; that He will, according to His promise, return to this earth in power and glory in order to bring to its full realization the Kingdom of God.
3. That the Holy Spirit was sent into the world in a special way ten days after the ascension of the Lord Jesus; that His present work is to represent the presence of the Lord Jesus to each of us, helping us to understand his truth, showing us our need of Him, bringing us his salvation when we call upon him as Lord, empowering us to live lives worthy of Him and equipping us to serve Him.
4. That the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ consists of all those who have committed their lives to Him for their salvation; that the Lord Jesus has ordained that such commitment is to be followed by baptism in water as a sacrament that symbolizes our identification with Him in his death, burial and resurrection; that He also ordained the Lord’s Supper as a regular memorial to be practised in the Church whereby we remind ourselves of His death as the only means of our salvation.
5. That the whole human race without exception is afflicted with sin so that everyone needs the salvation that only comes through the Lord Jesus Christ; that there shall one day be a bodily resurrection of all the dead, each of whom will be judged by God, which will result in eternal gain for those who in this life submitted to Him by obeying the gospel, and eternal loss for those who in this life rebelled against Him and refused the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.